Saturday 14 July 2007

A pierced nose

I was always fascinated by the diamond stud my mom wore on her nose. From past many years I also wanted one. I expressed my wish to my mother. She discouraged saying it’s not worth it & it’s very difficult to manage. In our customs, just before marriage a girl’s nose is pierced. My mother had to go through it against her wishes so she is biased about it. I mentioned it to my aunt. She shared agreed with my mother. I left it there.

A few months ago, I brought back the topic. She didn’t react to it. Yesterday, we happened to visit a jewellery store. I asked her again. She started to persuade me against it again. But a long argument & a mild tantrum later, she agreed. I got my nose pierced. It was painful for a few minutes.

Now I am getting used to a foreign object in the otherwise plain nose. I love it. Hope my opinion will not change with time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why just one ..beats me..why not both nostrils??(kidding)...did it not hurt?? I am pretty sure uve been adventurous enough with your ears as well :D