Friday 18 May 2007

My Team

A lot of friends treat their office as just a work place, but I differ. What makes my work a lot more appealing is the team I have, with an interesting mix of people. I am leaving in a couple of weeks. Actually I must say I am hopeful that I will be leaving in a couple of weeks, if my managers ever find a replacement. Anyway, life goes on, but I will miss them all…

I have worked with Muktesh the most. A serious looking chatterbox! He also happens to be my rakhi brother, so naturally I am very fond of him. All thanks to him for my Hindi vocabulary improvement. In the beginning, I barely understood all the words he spoke. Now I do. I don’t know whether I have improved of he has worsened. His ability to recite impromptu poems few pages long without taking a pause to think, amazes me.

Seshadri came across as a very serious and intense guy at first, and then I saw his fun side. Now I am getting to know his sensitive side. My first impression of a person has never been so wrong before. He is smart, intelligent and creative; He writes poems in 3 different languages (Hindi, English and Tamil). He is the only Mumbai guy in my team.

Prabhu is my confidant. He is a sweet guy whom I can call any time in the night, just because I am bored. He knows everything about the current affairs in the project, the policies, the application and always has an opinion on any problem we face.

These three never leave a chance to pull my leg or trouble me. But I can’t do without them at all.

The most striking feature about my module lead is his long hair & wrinkles near his eye when he smiles. Abhishek is a shayar too. My team is damn creative. He is a Bhopal fan just like an ex-team mate, Ankit, who also happens to be a good friend of Abhishek. I love pulling pranks on Ankit, which is fun because he always falls for it.

Subhashree is a very quiet girl. But with the ruckus we create she has been successfully tempted to joining in. She reads palms & she is good at it. Probably because she said very nice things for me ;-). Naïve. That’s what I thought of Sumanta at first, but probably he is just masquerading. He always has interesting comments on all at any situation and always blushes at the mention of his “mandu” (GF in Oriya).
Sunil is quiet but witty. A silent listener. I fear people who fall in this category.

People around us have expressions of great gravity on their faces and look up to us for the free entertainment we provide. But I think the day is not far away when we will be thrown out of the office for the poetry and palmistry session we hold.

The team is incomplete without our client, Amit. He is a born manager with remarkable technical and business knowledge. A lethal combination. My interaction with him is personal and friendly, thus it is a pleasure working with him. He is always more than happy to join us in all our fun sessions!!!

I don’t think I will ever find a team like this for all these people aren’t just team mates or colleagues. They are friends, very good friends!!!

3 comments:

Seshadri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Seshadri said...

me "..smart, intelligent and creative.."??..have probably misplaced these adjectives(ye to aapka description hain )..and if u think, u rightly placed them..readers wud b thinking u have been bribed :)..jst joking..
abt the team..seriosly, client se lekar sabhi team members masti-khor hain..isi liye hum log itne bigad gaye hain :)

Amit Dhage said...

Read your blog.... But born manager is something tooo much.. I am not techy too.. I just understand it. Biz knowledge is concerned.. thats going to be my bread and butter henceforth... !!!!
Anyways me too enjoyed every bit working with you guys..